Make A Bold Statement in Apple Valley
Our Make A Bold Statement workshop in Apple Valley WAS A SUCCESS! We had a total of 15 young ladies between the ages of 8-15 in attendance and 9 parents joined the Parent Circle.
With this event we completed a Girls Are Powerful 2017 Goal!
The financial support of the Timberwolves Foundation helped GRP plan and facilitate community pop-up workshops throughout the Twin Cities – St. Paul (February 25th), Fridley (April 22nd), and Apple Valley (June 3rd).
Thus far, the Make A Bold Statement workshop has allowed us to touch the lives of 41 young ladies and collaborate with 21 mothers, fathers (1), grandmothers, aunts, caregivers, and friends.
Next up – Our very first Empowerment Summit!!!
SAVE THE DATE: The Make A Bold Statment Empowerment Summit will be held on September 16, 2017 at St. Catherine University from 10-3pm. If you are interested in volunteering, please get in touch!
SPECIAL THANK YOU goes to…
- Program Development Team and Facilitators: Monica, Jenae, Crystal (Girls) and Janelle (Parents)!
- Day of Event Volunteers: Anastasia, Robyn, Lorrie, and Brooke
- Photographers: Shannon and Tracy
- Product Management and Sales: Janice and Dakari
- and we can’t forget Jalyn for her contributions to Program Development and Evaluations, Onsite support as well as participating in all three (3) workshops.
Share This Post
- We Want to Hear From YOU! July 17, 2017
- Your Child Is a Victim of Bullying: What Now? July 15, 2017
- Warning Signs: Is Your Child Being Bullied or Are They the Bully? July 14, 2017
- Steps Students Can Take Against Bullying July 13, 2017
- What is Cyberbullying? July 12, 2017